Click on the link to be redirected to the Illinois State Board of Elections website.
Illinois Online Voter Application
- Complete the mail-in registration form.
- Optional* - Provide copies of 2 acceptable forms of ID with the completed mail-in registration form.
*By providing the forms of ID, you are eligible to vote by mail the first time
you vote. If you do not provide the information above, then you will be
required to provide election officials with this information the first time you
vote at a polling place or by in-person absentee ballot.
- Mail the completed registration form and, if applicable, the copies of the 2 forms of ID to the following address:
Kane County Clerk
719 S Batavia Ave, Bldg B
Geneva, IL 60134
Be sure to bring 2 acceptable forms of ID when you register to vote.
*The above link is to a list of locations in Kane County; however, you may register at any location in the State of Illinois that offers voter registration.
2014 General Election
- Last day to register to vote: Tuesday, October 7, 2014
- Grace period registration: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 - Tuesday, November 4, 2014
- Registration will resume: Thursday, November 6, 2014
2015 Consolidated Primary Election
- Last day to register to vote: Tuesday, January 27, 2015
- Grace period registration: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - Tuesday, February 24, 2015
- Registration will resume: Thursday, February 26, 2015
2015 Consolidated Election
- Last day to register to vote: Tuesday, March 10, 2015
- Grace period registration: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - Tuesday, April 7, 2015
- Registration will resume: Thursday, April 9, 2015
To be eligible to register to vote, a person must:
Be a U.S. citizen
Be 18 years of age by the next election
Reside in the precinct for 30 days prior to the next election.
In accord with [10 ILCS 5/4-10. 5-9, 6-37] …The registration officer shall require the applicant to furnish two (2) forms of
identification, and except in the case of a homeless individual, one of which must include his or her current residential address.
These forms of identification shall include but are not limited to any of the following:
- Driver's License / State Identification Card
- Social Security Card
- Public Aide Identification Card
- Current Utility Bill
- Employee Identification Card
- Student Identification Card
- Lease or contract for residence
- Credit Card
- Civic Membership Card
- Union Membership Card
- Professional Association Membership Card
If the applicant does not have the above forms of identification, we may accept their current and valid photo identification,
a current bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter.
The registration officer must require a homeless individual to furnish evidence of his use of the mailing address stated. A mailing address of a
homeless individual may include, but is not limited to, a shelter, a day shelter, or a private residence. This use may be demonstrated by a
piece of mail addressed to that individual and received at that mailing address. [10ILCS 5/3-2, 4-10, 5-9, 6-35. 6-37]
Change of Voting Address
Moved from Kane County to Kane County
Registered voters who have moved to another address
in Kane County should notify the County Clerk's office. This change of address
may be accomplished by filling out the reverse side of the voter registration
card or by written notice to the County Clerk's office that includes your name,
previous address, new address, birthday, and your signature. (If your name has
changed, you must re-register.)
Moved from another county to Kane County
Voters who have moved to Kane County
from another County or Election Commission must register to vote with Kane
County. (See above for how to register.) It is also highly recommended
that you contact your previous County or Election Commission to cancel your
Moved from Kane County to another county
Voters who have moved to another county
should notify the Kane County Clerk's office. This notification of a change of
address may be accomplished by filling out the reverse side of the voter
registration card or by written notice to the County Clerk's Office, P. O. Box
70, Geneva, 60134.
Change of Name
Voters who have changed their name since registering to
vote must re-register to vote. You may register to vote at the County
Clerk's office or any municipal office or local library in Kane County that
People who have missed the deadline to register to vote
may register to vote in our office only from the 27th day through the
3rd day prior to the election. If you register to vote during the grace period
and want to vote in the upcoming election, you must vote at the time of